I have been blogging for almost 4 months now! Initially, it was like learning lots of new things and just feeling all lost. I was blogging random thoughts- anything that I wanted to write about on my 1st blog- www.ourhappyworld.net. Within a couple of weeks, I fell in love with blogging & wanted to do this seriously. But the question was, how?
More on that but first do you want to grab a free hashtag list? Click here for it.
- Niche– I naturally did a lot of reading. My biggest source of reading was Pinterest. I read for days together what people were writing and learned what I liked to read about. I wanted to write on 2 things- business & day-to-day life; but I was not sure what route to take. I gave myself 5 minutes to category and wrote down all the ideas that came to my brain in those 10 minutes for both the categories. The chunk of my posts was on the business side. I knew in that moment that that was my niche and I had to begin from there.
- Writing long posts– One thing that I learned in my niche was to write descriptive, long posts. People wanted to know more and they did not mind reading longer blogs. I had to put in all my information possible in that long blog post. Also, I saw that google recognized long posts more. The shorter posts on my blog did not get any viewers, but the descriptive posts got many readers.
- Sharing it– In today’s time every other person has a blog, so it becomes crucial to let people know about the blog posts and share the content. I post my content on Facebook groups and my social media accounts. My top choices are- Facebook and Instagram for sharing content. Pinterest is my new favorite. I will talk about how I grew my Pinterest account in my next blog post.
- Have an opt-in!– Opt-ins are great for boosting traffic and targeting a certain group of individuals. My opt-in is the FREE Instagram Hashtag List. You can get it here by subscribing to my blog. I will email the list to you. It contains an expansive list of all niches and the most popular hashtags- some have almost 30 in them, to boost your Instagram and hashtag game. I put up the opt-in last week and it has brought a huge traffic to my blog, not to forget subscribers.
- Invest in a strong email strategy. Email is your best friend to reach out to the loyalists. It is also your best option to create a loyalist. I use MailChimp, although I still find it a little complex a few times, I have drafted a welcome email for all my subscribers. Since now, I have an Opt-in, the Opt-in is the major takeaway from the welcome email. Once your welcome email is done, please spare your subscriber from sending them emails every day. It is beyond my mind to send someone an email every day, it is almost spamming them. I send out an email twice in a week, sometimes it is once a week, but I try to have emails// blog posts sent out twice every week.
The above 5 are extremely crucial to blogging success. Like promised, I have A BONUS TIP.
SEO– SEO is the big elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. But everything online is run on SEO. SEO means- Search Engine Optimisation. Your blog has to be correctly keyword optimized to rank on google search engine. Now ranking is another ball game and it can take up another blog post, so I will leave it for now. But, at least one can do the basics on our own. I currently use the plugin- Facebook Open Graph, Google +, Twitter Card Tags. It currently does an OK job and many use Yoast SEO. I will soon be using a freelancer for this.
Get in my super loaded Be Your Darling facebook group to get to connect with bloggers and businesses and new opportunities.
Also, get the Cheat Sheet for all the INSTAGRAM hashtags. Click here and download.